A: We are based out of Bellingham Washington. We serve Whatcom and the nearby surrounding counties.
A: Yes! While I have set packages to make your life a little easier, I can make a package that just suits you.
A: Yes! If you need a headshot for your website or simply need portraits taken of your employees, I’ll do them! I can take real estate photography, special event photography, car shots, you name it!
A: You bet! All my equipment is travel ready! In fact, if weather is an issue, indoor portraits are always an option.
A: Typically, you will receive 40-50 high resolution images for a 1 hour portrait session. For a full day wedding shoot, you will receive about 800+ high resolution images. I give each of my clients all their photos. While part of my post-shoot editing process includes removing photos with obvious defects such as a blurry photo, you will receive all your photos.
A: Yes! I can deliver them via a thumb drive, CD, or SD media card. Let me know which works for you!
A: Yes! You will receive all your photos at high resolution and the rights to your photos. You may print and share all your photos as you so choose!
A: A wedding film is a 8-10 minute high definition video that details and captures the essence of your wedding day. It is filled with music and has a cinematographic feel to it. Couples will enjoy this film for years to come! In addition to this wedding film, couples will receive entire video clips of there ceremony and special events like first dances, cake cutting, speeches, etc.
A: This is always a big topic! Please read the following ideas as just that, ideas! After all, every client may have a perfect idea for clothing and if that’s what makes you happy, then go with it!
– Wear solid coloured clothing so that we see all of your faces and no one person stands out. If you wear stripes or flowers, you will stand out from the rest of your group.
– Choose muted tones that are a bit subdued so that you are the subject not your clothes and you don’t stand out from the group. Bright colors project (especially reds, oranges, and yellows), which also makes you look larger.
– Choose similar tones for your top and bottom (both dark or both light) so that one doesn’t look bigger than the other. White top, dark pants will make your top look bigger. White pants, dark top will make your butt look bigger.
– Choose 1-3 colours for your group portrait, ones with similar tones that go nicely together and have everyone work within that color palette. For example: dark green, navy, and burgundy – all dark jewel tones. OR tan, a lighter olive green, and denims – all lighter, softer tones. So that we see the people first and your portrait looks stunning. Wedding group photos look so good because they’re all wearing the same colors and the people stand out!
– Choose a top with sleeves at least to the elbow because your arms take up more skin area than your face and will draw attention and it may also make your arms look larger
– Choose long pants for men/ladies or a skirt below the knee for ladies so that your legs don’t take attention from your faces, and you will be able to sit and bend without showing too much leg
– Choose dark socks and footwear (unless it’s a barefoot photo on the beach)because white just sticks out like a sore thumb and that’s all you’ll notice in your portrait
– Keep jewelry simple and minimalistic because too much draws attention from your face
– Do your hair the way you’d normally do it while wearing these clothes – no fancy up dos with jeans, no pony tails with evening gowns, etc. This is common sense, or so you’d think, but I’ve had ladies go to the hair salon and get fancy up dos then show up in jeans and a t-shirt. It just simply doesn’t make sense cause you wouldn’t normally do that to put on jeans and go to the park for a BBQ or something. So tell them “it is because your portrait will be more timeless and represent more closely who you are, not just what you look like.”
– If getting a haircut or new hairdo, make your appointment at least 2 weeks prior to your portrait session – again this seems like a no brainer but you’d be surprised! Fresh hair cuts rarely look their best the same or next day. Ladies need time to practice working it, men need it to grow out just a little. Allow some time to live with your new look before your portrait session.
A: Yes! My wedding package includes a full day shoot until 10pm.
A: I use a Nikon professional camera. Yes, I have backup cameras. During a full day photo or video shoot, I backup my footage several times throughout the day.
A: I prefer to meet my clients an hour before sunset. This allows for great light and avoids the overpowering noon day sun.
A: Totally! If bad weather is on the horizon, I will give you the choice to reschedule or continue as planned.